Events in Whitianga:
- 18 and 19 April: Quilt and Craft Show in Whitianga
- 19 April: Mercury Bay Game Fishing Club Kids Easter Tournament in Whitianga
- 20 April: Dance "a" Thon Mercury Bay Club in Whitianga
- 19 - 27 April: Coromandel Arts Tour. Visit the studios of over 30 artists in Coromandel Town and along the western Coromandel Peninsula.
- 25 April: ANZAC Day Celebrations Whitianga
- 26 April: Bush to Beach Half Marathon based at Otama
- 16 May: Overnight stop for Targa North Island Rally
- 23 August: NZ Rally Championship Round 5 in Whitianga
- Tenth! Annual Scallop Festival on the 6th of September 2014! Book your accommodation now!
Our low season runs from March till end of November.
Low season special:
"stay 3 nights and pay for 2"
Romantic Getaway special:
Stay three nights, breakfast with a glass of "bubbly", a visit to The Lost Spring thermal pools AND a candle lit dinner for two!
High Season: NZ$989.00
Low Season: NZ$890.00
(Not in conjunction with other deals)
You are very welcome!
Things to do :
- Petanque court and children's hobbit play house on site, bedtime story books, toys, Lego etc!
- Take a scenic helicopter flight from our front lawn.
- A variety of walks for all fitness levels nearby.
- Tennis courts: 3 minutes walk.
- Thermal hot pools and day spa "The Lost Spring" 10 min. drive.
- Restaurants, cafés, shops, museum, bone carving, golf, etc. 10 min. drive.
- Boat trips, big game fishing, snorkeling, safe swimming, diving, sea kayaking, etc.
- Children's zoo "Whiti Farm Park" 15 min. drive.
- Horse trekking, wineries.
- Hot Water Beach and Cathedral Cove 40 min. drive.
Or just relax with a good book and a glass of wine on the balcony or under the mature native trees in our forest.
Put your feet up: you're on holiday
Hobbit Play House at Within the Bays
Take off from our front lawn to see beautiful Mercury Bay and its volcanic coastline